Monday, December 3, 2007

Mixed Berries for Mamere

A bunch of people have commissioned me to make tScarves for Christmas gifts! My mom asked me to make one for her mother--my grandmother, whom my sisters and I call Mamere (as in "ma mere" or "my mother" in French). Based on colors my mom thought Mamere would like, I made this scarf. I hope the bears up in Alaska (where she is currently living) don't mistake her for a berry bush!

The great thing about making scarves for specific people, is that they inspire great color combinations. I'm really enjoying this one (navy, burgundy, and lavender), and plan to make some more--though it turns out lavender t-shirts are kind of hard to come by, especially in the mens large sizes I favor for making scarves...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude! that grandma scarf is mega cute!